A Brazilian Blowout is a Professional Smoothing Treatment for Wild, Frizzy Hair
Think of it like a reverse perm. Instead of putting curls INTO your hair, the Brazilian Blowout takes the curls and kinks OUT of hair. Your stylist can even customize the process to leave loose curls, soft waves or a completely smooth hair style.
Why would I want a Brazilian Blowout?
Does humidity turn your hair into a hot mess? Do you spend hours taming unruly locks with a blow dryer? Then a Brazilian Blowout could give you up to 12 weeks of frizz-less bliss and freedom.
Click through the photos below to see the stunning results.
Where do I get a Brazilian Blowout?
You can only get the Brazilian Blowout from a certified hair stylist. Salon Pourquoi is lucky to have two manufacturer-certified stylists on staff: Bill Hoffman and Sondra Nocella. Which means you're receiving the one and only original Brazilian Blowout professional smoothing treatment from someone who knows how to perform it properly. This iconic brand claims to be the most innovative and effective hair smoothing treatment in the world, so of course, there are many imitators.
What makes this smoothing treatment different?
Customizable -- you can keep your curls and lose the frizz or go for the smoothest result possible.
No Down Time -- As soon as your treatment is finished, you can get wet, work out, style your hair any way you want, even color treat it! (Other systems make you wait 3-4 days before you can do anything. Just pushing your hair behind your ear will leave a kink in it!)
Great for All Hair Types -- curly, kinky, coily, frizzy, fine, damaged or coarse.
No Change to Curl Pattern -- after about 12 weeks, your natural curl pattern returns.
Treatment is Finished at Salon -- after 80-90 minutes, you leave the salon with smooth, frizz-free hair for up to 12 weeks.
How is it done?
Your Brazilian Blowout process will follow these steps:
- The salon will prep your hair with a special Ionic Cleanser.
- Your hairstylist will divide your hair into sections and carefully apply the Smoothing Solution along the full length of the hair.
- When the application is complete, the stylist will blow dry your hair smooth. Then use a flat iron to seal in the solution.
- Next, the stylist will rinse (not wash) your hair and apply a Deep Conditioning Masque, which will sit on your hair for one minute, followed by a final rinse.
- Then a Smoothing Serum is applied for your final blow dry and styling.
In about 90 minutes you'll be ready to go -- and flaunt your bouncy, silky, smooth hair for up to 12 weeks!