It may not be the high-end hair products the salon promotes
Walk into any hair or beauty salon and chances are you'll find an array of premium styling and hair care products for sale. But what's on display may not necessarily be stocked at your stylist's station. "You'd be surprised how many salons skimp on hair and beauty products," says Ginny Brinkman, who spent nearly 2 decades working at other salons before opening Salon Pourquoi. "It lowers the salon overhead, but customers don't get the benefits of the high-end hair care the salon promotes."
Ginny discovered Pai-Shau: Passion for Life a few years ago and has been using this exotic hair care line exclusively at Salon Pourquoi for shampooing, conditioning and styling her customer's tresses ever since.
What is Pai-Shau?
Pai-Shau (pronounced "pi-shaw") is a tea-based, antioxidant-rich line of luxury hair products that make your hair softer, shinier, and easier to comb through. Your hair is silky, not greasy, because there's no oil to weigh your hair down. Salon Pourquoi is one of the few Philadelphia salons to carry this exotic line. Check out the lustrous, natural-looking Pai-Shau hair on models for Vera Wang in this behind-the-scenes video at New York Fashion Week.
How do I choose the right products for my hair?
Pai-Shau hair products have a wide range of uses:
- Replenishing Hair Cleanser What I love most about this moisturizing shampoo is it makes my hair smell amazing--even after I just had it colored.
- Replenishing Cream Conditioner Pai-Shau's Signature Tea Complex penetrates the dead cells on the hair shaft really well and leaves it softer and shinier.
- Biphatic Infusion This concentrate is applied to towel dried hair and delivers the most potent Signature Tea Complex to moisturize and nourish your hair. It produces long lasting shine without oily buildup. You can even use a little on dry hair to tame the frizzies!
- Supreme Revitalizing Hair Mask A 5-minute hydrating treatment that penetrates the cuticle, nourishing the hair from the inside out to give it a healthy sheen. What's really cool is the weightless formula generates volume, too.
- Style Souffle Pai-Shau's airy styling agent infuses soft volume and manageability. My hair stylist Sondra Nocella really works it into my roots before blow-drying my hair. But it can also be used for styling without heat.
It's best to ask your Salon Pourquoi stylist what works best for your hair type and condition. For my limp, skinny tresses Sondra recommends just a little Biphatic Infusion on the wet ends plus the Style Souffle. This combo makes my hair soft and shiny WITHOUT weighing it down.
These are beautiful products that improve everyone's hair and let you keep that fresh-from-the-salon look going between appointments.